Old February 5th 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Bike Lanes vs Bike Paths

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 12:30:09 -0800, Joerg

On 2019-02-04 16:11, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 07:00:51 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 07:14:02 -0800, Joerg

On 2019-02-03 16:37, John B. Slocomb wrote:

[...]

On the other hand, from what I read, anything other then sitting on
the couch watching TV is beneficial to modern Americans (and probably
many others).

Yup. Or driving everywhere with a motor vehicle.

Actually driving is exercise...

Only a mental one, and usually only in countries with a "southern style"
of driving.

... after one has to open the door and
even with power steering one still has to turn the wheel. Just weight,
when the fully automated vehicles are here you can just slide in and
go to sleep. Think of the attraction, you can get really blasted
drinking beer and still get home safely. :-)

Should have been "just wait".

That stuff happens when moving to a country with a different language
than the one you came from. I have similar typos a lot. Practiced or
necessary multi-lingualism and moving several times internationally
usually results in none of the languages being mastered with high precision.

I think that problem is largely with the European languages as
Japanese and Thai are so different from English that one doesn't have
a problem and of course they are written in radically different
alphabets.

My problems usually are either I spelled a word as weight as opposed
to wait as I did above or that I edited a paragraph and the tense
changed.

--
Cheers,
John B.