Old February 8th 19, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Tech ogling confessions

On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:13:45 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 6:51:55 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/7/2019 8:23 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Come over the I-205 bridge from Vancouver (where living is cheaper) and take bike paths and lanes almost all the way downtown PDX. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...dge_aerial.jpg (I-205 bridge between Oregon and Washington -- bike line up the middle).
How do they handle entering and exiting that central bike lane?

--
- Frank Krygowski

This woman is oddly creepy, but starting at 1:00 the video show the approach from the Washington side. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB61GrLiX3M

-- Jay Beattie

Indeed creepy. I always wondered what the fun is for a recreatinal ride on that kind of roads with cars buzzing by left and right. Would drive me crazy.

It's mostly a way of getting somewhere. I cross the bridge and hook up with HWY 14 on the Washington side and ride out the Gorge. https://www.youtube..com/watch?v=IjvEsJvQe5w

Very atmospheric riding over Bridge of the Gods with its metal deck that steers your bike. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYzT-C5pDlU (1:50)

-- Jay Beattie.