Old September 19th 11, 01:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Christopher A. Carlson, Indiana Grandpa, Charged For Forcing Grandsons On Brutal Grand Canyon Hikes.

"Sandlin" wrote in message
[...]
Reply, I have known indians, personally, and they think differently than

we do. The desert indians took pride in being able to cross huge
stretches of desert without water or food. It was a rite of passage
into warrior-hood. But, they also had the sense to not travel during
the day, when it's extremely hot and the sun cooking the moisture out
of their body, but traveled at night when it was relatively
cooler. But, they also realized that they needed to do lots of
physical conditioning to be able to do that over a long period of
time. That's where gramps above missed out. What he did is abuse.

Not even Indians live like Indians anymore.

As to the young age at having kids issue, if you check history,

prior to this "modern" age, it was normal to marry at young ages like
15, 16, 17.

Sandlin is quite right about the age factor. Hells Bells, the only time in
my life I wouldn't have minded being married was when I was in my mid-teens.
By the time I was 20 I knew better and only wanted to live my life as a
single. Frankly, no one is even sexy after age 20.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka