Old May 20th 12, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Why the IAM red light survey annoyed me more as a cyclist thanas a pollster

On 20/05/2012 07:36, Simon Mason wrote:
On May 19, 11:13 pm, Peter wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2012 19:33:36 +0100, "Simon Mason"

wrote:
Unusually, BikeBiz.com, an industry newsletter, and the Guardian broke an
embargo to publicly criticise the IAM and its statistics in advance of
publication by the rest of the media. Reaction across cycling forums and
Twitter was quick to condemn the validity of the IAM's figures and to
question the organisation's motives and integrity.

Funny how they didn't do this on any of the previous polls they had
encouraged cyclists to "participate" in, often many times.

I'm trying hard to see this debacle as a case of good intentions gone
horribly wrong

You mean the cyclists took their eye off the ball and forgot to stuff
this vote?

But I'm also pretty angry with the IAM, for this reason: I am one of their
57%. I picked up the tweets, I read about the survey on my local cycling
forum, and I filled it in, wanting to add my experiences thinking, as I
suspect many others did, that it would add, in some way, to the calls for
improvements in cycling provision.

Ah, so the vote stuffing took place - but the result wasn't quite as
expected?

Since when have you been a Mori pollster?

Was he appointed at about the same time that you got your medical, legal and
science degrees?

When you have had his experience of conducting polls then perhaps you
can be qualified enough to dissect his criticism of the flawed survey
outcome.
Until then ...

.... do as you're told by Simon?