Old July 22nd 16, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Twenty-first Century Switchel

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 09:45:34 +0700, John B.
wrote:

The rice cooker problem sounds strange as that is how a rice cooker
works. The early, simpler, ones had a single thermostat in them that
when the pot reached a certain temperature it switched over to
warming.

My rice cooker is calibrated for *white* rice. Brown rice must be
cooked more slowly.

When I want white rice, I go to the Great Wall. They buy better rice
and do a better job of cooking it. (Not to mention that I like white
rice only with the sort of food *they* cook, not the sort that *I*
cook.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net