On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 12:56:37 AM UTC-8, Oculus Lights wrote:
On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 2:18:25 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
On 17/12/17 09:15, James wrote:
On 17/12/17 08:51, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
My guess(tm) is that about
90% of the discussions in RBT involve some form of criticism.Â* Not to
worry.Â* I'm used to it.
More later.

The enclosed concrete space makes the light look brighter than if shot outside on black asphalt.
Also the depth of field and high contrast indicates a long-ish shutter speed.

Here's real photo cheating:
Over/underexposures taken by Francis Cebedo who was receiving support from Light and Motion at the time, comparing an older Taz with an early Oculus a few years ago.

Aiming higher or lower can change how a lights looks to the camera.
Can't figure out how Francis aimed it. Maybe angled, bike tilt, not sure..

Take a look at the blue night sky and light on the horizon. IF both pictures were exposed the same, the background scene should have the same exposure in both pictures. The early Taz is either overexposed and/or brightness increased/contrast decreased, and/or the early Oculus is underexposed and/or brightness decreased/contrast increased. Also one was shot more to the side of the other, not from a fixed tripod, so the elevation and position between the two isn't the same for a few lights through the bushes.
@Jeff, feel free to analyze for any differences you can find.

Also looks like adaptive metering instead of fixed manual settings.

Soon before that, the head of L&M and I already checked out his and mine side by side. L&M and I saw equivalently bright beams with the variations being in the short fill versus throw. Current Taz now has a longer throw, Oculus 1800/3000 now has a wider short fill than the old Kickstarter design..

A link would help.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2c?usp=sharing
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home