Old September 30th 14, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Why You Should Keep A Bike Handy Even If You Don't Cycle Much

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:30:28 +0100
Mrcheerful wrote:

On 30/09/2014 06:58, Bret Cahill wrote:
Just about anyone can cycle 12 miles and with traffic backed up
from the tsunami, a bike may be they only way to save your life.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...gc&type=198484

not nearly as useful as feet, and almost everyone has those.

Rather more useful than feet, generally. My feet don't work very well
(or rather they're attached to knees that don't work very well). Now I
live far from the coast and probably won't have to flee a tsunami any
time soon, but faced with gridlock and an urgent need to be ten miles
away I'd make much better progress on a bike than I would walking.
Plus I can load more on a bike than I can easily carry.