Old August 16th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Trail Ridge / Berthoud Pass loop from Boulder

Michael Steiner wrote:

- is this in general an advisable route? (Living in Manhattan, i can
stand some traffic but i can also do with less than here :-)

Long time since I was there, so I'll defer to locals on most points.
I do seem to remember Trail Ridge being very narrow, winding, and crowded
with rubbernecking drivers. Going over very early in the day might help
with that.
Perhaps more of a concern for a New Yorker is the altitude. You'll be
going up to around 12,000', riding up a steep hill. You need to ask
yourself if you can handle that, and/or what your plans for acclimation
are.

Good luck,
Bill

__o | REALLY support the troops