Old March 2nd 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leo

Default PING Leo and Olarf

Blegas78 wrote:
why not convert the videos on unicycle.tv and put them on a podcast?

Thanks for your compliments. Your wish was mine ever since I first ever
saw unicycle.tv.

Broadcasting independent media is so cool! I totaly understand the
Podfather's (ex-Mtv and PodShow CEO Adam Curry) enthousiasm. Together
with (another visionair) Dave Winer they gaved it a spin in the right
direction (and prevented that it resulted in just
internet-piracy-radio/tv-station's).
I don't have a TV nor Radio for 6 or 7 years now. And I recently
discovered I hardly ever listen to radio-streams anymore, but only
podcasts and vodcasts. I still wish I'd be a executive-producer for
commercial podcasts for internal and external corporate communication,
but I like unicycling better.

The uniconnews was easy to publish as we were in full control of the
editing.
And so I could publish in the iPod friendly M4V format (by then very
new) AND refer to FLV url's in the RSS.
I'd enjoyed coding the stuff (I think in november 2005) as there hardly
were examples, as the techniques were by then brand new (and there were
hardly any vodcasts).

Reason I did'nt contribute those pieces of code to unicycle.tv yet, is
that we didn't knew how to convert WMV to FLV (and most submission are
in WMV). By now I do, so I might copy those db driven php scripts (that
generates the xml) to the unicycle.tv server.
I'd like to set that up (with a userfriendly interface for Olaf).
However (as usual) I'm short in time, so please have some patience.

olarf wrote:
I think that in the first step we will provide RSS feed and start
offering the videos in 3 formats.

m4v, flv... and wmv?
Having in the RSS a
linkhttp://dom.tld/dir/file.ext?entry=serial/link to a page with
links to pages that have the flv and wmv version embedded? And having
the m4v in the encloser-url?

--
leo

Leo Vandewoestijne