Old June 30th 03, 05:23 PM
Ian

Default Suspend or not? Plus trike q's.

I have been riding a rear suspension only Challenge Wizard for a couple of
years, but due to an old knee injury am switching to a trike, I already have
a non suspension Kett Weizel and find with the mesh seat that this is more
comfortable than the 2 wheeler even though I then had a rear shock.
I plan on going for a tadpole trike, what are peoples thoughts on suspension
on trikes?

Also it may be my imagination, and it may only be here in the U.K. but it
seems that the general reaction to a recumbent trike is better than a
recumbent bike, on the Wizard I got mixed responses from pedestrians, from
very positive right through to very negative, however since switching to the
trike I have experienced no negativity, at church on Sunday morning in fact
I was giving rides to all and sundry.

I am planning to start selling trikes as a business, I used to work as a
cycle engineer years ago and do all my own servicing, repairs etc... as well
as a lot of other peoples, I think the resistance to adult trikes is more or
less non existant in the U.K., how are they viewed in the U.S.A.?

Ian