Old April 12th 20, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default My Emonda and the Shop

On 4/12/2020 1:09 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Small shops haven't gotten my repair business since about 1975 or 1976, so I guess I've been putting them out of business for 44 years...

I think the last time I paid for a normal bike repair was about 1982.
And they said it couldn't be repaired. (Headset problem on a used bike
that had apparently suffered a crash.) I ended up shimming the lower
fork race on one side. It's not perfect, but it's good enough.

I did pay for a repaint plus some braze-ons once.

--
- Frank Krygowski