Old April 13th 20, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default My Emonda and the Shop

On 4/12/2020 6:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:

I have painted out of doors, no booth[1]. Plan for a dry warm calm day
(do you have any in PDX?) just after dawn when there's no wind, shoot as
soon as you have 65 degrees. Move it to a garage out of the dust etc
after spraying....

[1]The occasional car for friends

I once painted an old, old car I had out of doors, after some extensive
body work. It was just a transportation machine I was trying to keep
running.

No automotive paint; I used Rustoleum. Masked it down, picked a clear
day with no wind, sprayed it pretty nicely., Then saw a stray gust of
wind blow a leaf down onto the roof. I pulled the leaf off, but left the
imprint, like a little nature craft project.

Got several more years out of that car, until the front sub-frame rusted
through.

--
- Frank Krygowski