Old October 27th 03, 02:42 PM
Pete Biggs

Default Front light bracket too small. Help!

Dene Wilby wrote:
I have the Cateye HL-EL300 and it is this I have a problem with. The
bracket part number is H-30. I am trying to fit it on the un-taped
part
of the handlebar near the stem. The bars are Bontrager Race Lite. The
trip computer fits perfectly on the opposite side but this bracket is
way too small. Now i'm trying to remember if this light came with two
brackets and I used the smallest for my mountain bike. Looks like i'm
gonna have to bite the bullet and have a walk down to halfords.

I don't know the H-30 bracket but I know the H-32 fits both road and MTB
bars and your light. I have one and the EL200 and have used it on both
road and mountain bikes. See:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_d...dID=5110000522

Have you tried undoing and turning the bracket's quick release lever
anticlockwise many turns to effectively lengthen the bolt? Don't use the
normal thick rubber strip, use some other tape or just nothing. Sorry
again if these are too-obvious suggestions but we need to be sure about
what's going on.

Are the bars unusually fat or are you not familiar enough with road bars
to be sure?

~PB