Old November 4th 04, 01:42 AM
Beverly

"Richard Amirault" wrote in message
"Beverly" wrote...
I should have been a little clearer. I intend to keep it in the bike

bag.
Everything is kept in this little bag and I just remove everything but

the
essentials needed for the current ride. I'll never take those lights

out
when I'm going for an afternoon rideG

Hmmm.. that makes no sense ... you "remove everything but the essentials
needed for the current ride" and I assume leave those non-essentials home
... BUT... if you don't remove your lighting system (but leave it in the
bag) then you can't use it (because it's in the bag) G

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

I think you're beginning to confuse meg The 'bag' is always with me on
the back of the bike. Some things always stay in the bag - pump, spare
tube, patch kit, tools. Some things in the bag aren't necessities and get
removed unless I think I'll need them - rain coat, reading glasses (needed
only on Sunday morning ride to get breakfast and read paper), sunscreen(only
needed on sunny days), patrol equipment(maps, brochures,flashing
lights,etc - only needed when I'm on patrol) and a few other items. The
lights would fall into the "not a necessary" item and would be removed
unless I feel I might be late getting home. Gee, after all this maybe I'll
just mount them permanently and never leave them at homeG

Beverly - who is leaning toward a battery operated light since this one
incident was the first time in years of riding that I misjudged time and
distance and got caught in the dark.