Old January 4th 05, 04:31 AM
BB

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:02:35 -0800, Gwood wrote:

So it's (1) private land, (2) there is a trail closure and then clearly
states (3) NO trespassing,

There is a fantastic downhill near where I live that is only sensibly
accessed through private land (going up the trail is a nightmare). The
reasonable/easier path is a fireroad through land owned by a timber
company, and they're doing some serious clearcutting (a trip through there
will assure you that MTBing is meaningless on the "damage" scale). We
called the company, and they gave us a letter listing our names and giving
us permission to ride on weekends (when they're not cutting).

The moral is: don't assume that just because others are there, that all
have permission to ride it. If the rangers stopped us, we had written
authorization. I'm not really sure what happens to those who don't, but
its probably not good. Plus, they have some seriously heavy equipment
there, and it could be dangerous wandering through on working days; the
signs are likely mainly for safety.

As far as the OP goes; it was posted by Vandeman so its most likely
out-of-context misinformation; that's his modus operandi.

--
-BB-
To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)