Old October 12th 08, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_3_]

Default Today's ride

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:40:52 +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008, Tom Crispin wrote:

It was OK until...
http://www.britishschoolofcycling.co...y/PA113073.JPG

I was about to suggesting sending that to Warrington, but then i checked
their site and saw that they're currently exhibiting something strikingly
similar:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...ctober2008.htm

There's another similar one at Pen y Clip tunnel on the A55 along the North
Wales Coast - the cycle lane is closed off to construct a new 'cycle
bridge' (also a lane shut on each carriageway).

Heading east you could ride along the dual carriageway, but as there's a
lane shut you would be causing a lot of disruption which would be popular.
In the other direction cyclists are banned from the tunnel.

I do not believe there is an alternative surfaced route although there is a
bridleway running along the top of the mountain!

peter