Old April 16th 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default today's ride

On 16/04/18 08:51, jbeattie wrote:

Road tires generally cut through new hail and snow unless it really
accumulates fast. I've never had problems with rim brakes riding in
hail. I just don't like it because it hurts my face. The conditions
that cause hail usually don't last for very long, and the upside is
that it bounces off you -- unlike rain. If its Old Testament
apocalyptic hail, I go hide under an overhang until it stops.

I've been caught out in apocalyptic hail, with no overhang for many
kilometres. It doesn't just hurt your face. It hurts anywhere it hits.
Shoulders, back, legs, face, arms, hands, etc.

--
JS