Old November 12th 15, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
The Real Bev[_2_]

Default Thunked my helmet a fourth time

On 11/12/2015 04:40 AM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
The Real Bev wrote in news:n21drr$ejq$1@dont-
email.me:

A thing I remember especially is that hair alone provides
significant protection from abrasion.

Your mileage may vary--wildly!

Indeed. But surprises happen sometimes.

When I crashed on my motorcycle and slid along the ground the parts of
my body protected by flimsy cloth were fine; my shirt rode up and
exposed half a square foot of abdomen skin, which eventually formed a
scab 1/4 inch thick in places and cracked AND HURT where I bent. I
eventually got in the tub and soaked it off.

I figure hair is about the same. Still, I wear a helmet. Not when I
ski, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
Do not try to solve all life's problems at once -- learn to