Old October 16th 20, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default Near Miss of the Day 481: A very scary close encounter with'Farmer Giles' (includes swearing)

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 22:55:21 +0100
TMS320 wrote:

Based on the following tractors, it looks like the lead one did not
need to be that far out. It's a two lane road with a centre line
which does not disappear under the bridge.

I guess the cyclists' immediate concern was to give the pedestrians
space, which meant moving to the right of the riding line on a right
hand bend. Continuing to follow the curve while making a step move to
the left and mashing the brakes shows good control.

I think the cyclist was just going too fast for the prevailing
conditions, it wasn't worthy of a near miss of the day slot.