Old September 25th 10, 04:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default A Mountain biker was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries

http://www.scarborougheveningnews.co...ital_1_1611365

Mountain biker airlifted to hospital

Published on Fri Sep 24 10:32:31 BST 2010

A MOUNTAIN biker was airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries
following an accident at Dalby Forest.

A spokesman for the Great North Air Ambulance said the 25-year-old man
was anaesthetised at the scene before being taken to James Cook
Hospital in Middlesbrough following the incident at 3.20pm yesterday.

A Yorkshire Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We received a call at
3.16pm about the incident in Dixon’s Hollow. We sent an ambulance and
a rapid response vehicle before the Great North Air Ambulance took
over.”