Old February 15th 07, 03:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Default Typical weight of a dual suspension bike

On Feb 15, 1:56 pm, wrote:
Fair points. But I'm not looking to compete in the next MTB world
champs. I'm looking to get a replacement for my 10 year old hard-tail
which finally wore out its welcome on the Andersons fire trail a few
weeks back. That was only a $400 bike back then and the quality of
parts have been high enough for my usage.

I get the feeling that sub 15kg is a good aim for a dually ?

It's about a lot more than weight, it's about how well the thing
rides, how well you can pedal it etc - cheap dualies get called
pogobikes for a reason and it's not a compliment.

Not sure what the weights are for these, but what are peoples opinions
on:
- Mongoose Wing Super ($1100)
- Appollo Vanquish ($700)
- Learsport (top model dually) ($700)

Forget anyone's opinion, go ride them. If a bikeshop won't let you
ride it, don't buy it. I can suggest though, for that sort of money,
you will most likely be sorely disappointed by the ride you get, and
you'll stick with a hardtail. But, don't take my word for it, go
testriding, then you'll understand.