Old September 25th 14, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan
external usenet poster

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

This is how dumb you can [Blackblade] get when you don't follow what is
being reported in the media. Ignorance is bliss, apparently.

I will leave the enjoyment of ignorance to you ... as you don't want to read anything that doesn't agree with your limited viewpoint.

I have read your crap until I am overflowing with the stupidity of it.

However, the fundamental point remains ... there is NO "near universal" acknowledgement of the dangers. The risk remains 1.54 injuries per 1,000 exposures which is relatively low when compared with other sports and activities.

I advise that you stay away from any and all numbers as they only lead you astray.
[...]

increasing deaths of bikers on trails will result in its banishment.
It can happen rather suddenly if and when the outrage reaches
a certain point.

All kinds of things can happen when there is sufficient public impetus. However, as more and more people wish to ride I would suggest that the more likely outcome is that biking will be increasingly accomodated rather than banned.

Biking will be restricted more and more. It will be banished from dangerous trails where there is a record of injuries and deaths. Not every one in the world is as stupid as you are.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home