Old September 27th 17, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Oculus Lights

Default Interbike 2017

Making a dynamo version of a light is a ki$$ of death. Minimal market for the huge investment needed compared to market return. e-bike circuits are a simple DC-DC converter. Dynamo output is erratic crap-wave shaped power needing special circuitry. IF you want to pay for design, tooling, and production costs, it would fit on the existing main circuit board.
My workaround is that I provide external DC input holes on the main circuit board, and the end-user can solder leads from any power adapter they wish that provides 3.0 to 4.2VDC.
Another option is to plug in a Generator to USB adapter. The common 5VDC 1A USB feed will drive the light at its middle setting nearly endlessly if you also have a battery installed.

On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 2:31:56 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
Photos with text at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vs26GExC_oC476V4oZl-dDn_2TcvWFCAuDZwjJN_MYE/edit?usp=sharing

Interbike is in a Death Spiral

E-Bikes