Old December 8th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Dec 8, 9:27 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Dec 8, 12:06 pm, Duane Hébert wrote:

Like I've said countless times here, I definitely prefer to NOT ride
with cars. When I'm on my weekend rides, I look for routes without much
traffic. Even some with bike paths paralleling the road. Seems like
more fun going down the mountain at 60k in a lane without cars.

But when I commute to work I have little choice. And when I do ride
with cars, what I will do in any given circumstance depends.

So are you, too, one of those guys who frequently ride the sidewalks
because the road makes them nervous?

I just got back from the store. On the way there, pretty much smack
dab down the middle no hands kind of weaving a lot around puddles,
wheeljied clear across main really nice, rolled up the driveway, where
a little diagonal sidewalk cuts between a big tree and a flower bed
made of concrete blocks. Wet leaves on the sidewalk, taking care not
to cut it too hard there on the slick tires, over shot a little and
wound with both wheels slipping in bare mud of the tree's root crown.
Wheee!