Old December 8th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

Default Usuing a Thule "Wheel Strap" on Yakima bike tray?

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:21:54 -0800, "Pete Grey"
wrote:

I'm a little bit fed up with the new design "rattler" Yakima straps and I've
"upgraded" all my older racks so I don't have any of the old flip style
straps, unfortunately. I think they work better with larger mtn tires but
not so well with 120psi road tires.

At any rate, I notice Thule makes nearly the same design as the one Yakima
had, does anyone know if the tab diameter (the part that fits into the tray
slot)is close enough that their wheel straps will work well in the Yakima
bike trays?

The trays are close enough that it should work IMO, but I use a
different tactic altogether. I just strap the wheels down with a pair
of old-style toe clip straps. It works perfectly well.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.