Old June 14th 04, 03:28 PM
Mike Vandeman

Default Question to Mountain biking girls--Penny, Monique, and others.... Choice of seat for girls

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:01:13 -0500, "mojo deluxe"
wrote:

..
.."Dan Volker" wrote in message
t...
..
.. "mojo deluxe" wrote in message
.. .. .
..
.. "Dan Volker" wrote in message
.. ...
..snip
..
.. Not a girl, but why not put the same Flite saddle on her mtb? If it's a
.. road saddle, so what.
..
.. Mojo,
.. We tried that in the beginning, but the different angles involved ( how
..flat
.. your back is when you are riding on the drops of a road bike--and the
.. resultant seat contact --versus the relatively upright torso position on
..the
.. Mountain bike with riser bars--stock Liquid 25....and the angle the seat
.. hits you) .
..
..I have a ridiculous amount of tilt in my Nisene saddle.
..
..http://www.ifrider.com/register/00040a.jpg
..
..Perhaps you could try this? Since doing so, I've never been more comfortable
..on a saddle.
..
.. I never felt any significant soreness when I switched from mostly road
.. riding to mountain biking ( and Brooks saddle which came with my Liquid) ,
.. but this is why I am posing the question to the girls---Women have
.. differnent seat issues than you or I do, and I am striking out with each
..of
.. the solution ideas I have come up with so far.
..
.. I could certainly take a digital photo of her current bike seat angle and
.. her position on the bike.
..
..I hope the girls can offer some ideas that may help. It would be a shame to
..miss out on the joys of offroad cycling.

Methinks thou dost protest too much. All you ever do is complain about how
uncomfortable you are. DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande