Old September 5th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default How to remove Ritchey cranks?

On Sep 5, 7:48*am, wrote:
How do I remove my Ritchie WCS cranks?

The crank has an outer hole with a metal hollow screw and inside that is
a slightly smaller bolt for a 10 mm allan key ( ithink). I cant really
think of another way to describe it. I have a key for the inner bolt but
when I unscrewed it it came loose and then tightened again as I
continued to turn the key. Do I just keep turning and it extract itself?
(ita an octalink bb). *Do I need to remove the outer "collar" and then
use a crank extractor tool? I just cant see how to remove it because its
a non standard size.

I think self extractor with a 8mm allen wrench-lefty loosey. If all it
does is take the crank bolt out, go to a decent LBS and get the plug
that goes into the end of the BB spindle so the standard crank puller
has something to push against.