Old October 31st 16, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Warp speed in the dark

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 1:28:18 PM UTC, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Andre Jute:
I ride at night because I'm a bohemian who sleeps during most of the day.. But I ride on lanes, not offroad. Mind you, the potholes are dangerous enough... Photographs at http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....59139#msg59139

"Some potholes are large enough for a drunk to drown in."

I like it!!!

Though it irks a Corkman to admit it, the potholes in Kerry are even bigger.. A few years ago a coroner's court found that a paralytically drunk bicyclist did indeed fall into one and drown.

What are you using for tires lately? The ones on
http://www.coolmainpress.com/andrepa...e%20800pxh.jpg
don't look all that big compared to your descriptions in past years.

It's a huge bike so the tyres do look in proportion, and the angle of that particular photo is misleading, making the tyres look modest. At http://coolmainpress.com/AndreJute'sUtopiaKranich.pdf there are some side-on photos of the bike on the day it arrived which gives you a better idea of the 60x622 Big Apples I use.

Andre Jute
Ride tall