Old August 8th 18, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Stolen Bike

On 08/08/18 19:21, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2018 15:24:39 +0100, TMS320 wrote:
On 07/08/18 18:29, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 15:27:28 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

It is intended only to alert other road-users to one's
presence.
Er no. It means "You ****ing arsehole, why the hell didn't you
indicate?!"

A horn conveys no information so how are your targets supposed to
know what your problem is?

Well let me see, Mr Smith turns right at a roundabout without
indicating, and someone correctly pulls in front of him, then sounds
their horn when they see he's about to collide with them. He can
then look up the highway code or whatever and find out why the other
car had the right of way.

Just because Mr Smith is not indicating right it is not correct for AN
Other to pull out on a whim. Too many hims and thems. Explain who is
doing what and who ends up in front of whom.

It is not intended to convey the message: "Get out of my way
or there might be a crash". I such circumstances, you are
supposed to slow down or stop.
I don't, I drive as close as possible to the vehicle without
touching them, this scares them into not doing it again,

Have you ever followed up the result of your education with the
individuals concerned?

Yes, I often have people banging on my door yelling at me. I had a
bus driver sacked for doing just that, after not indicating and
deciding he had priority over cars at a junction.

So the answer is that you don't know that your education works.