Old July 23rd 05, 12:40 PM
Gooserider

Default How Do These Airborne Specs Look?

"Zoom" wrote in message
Gooserider wrote:
"NYC XYZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

Vis-a-vis the price, anyway -- $1,300 for 19-lb. bikes!!

http://www.airborne.net/eready/janet...TI-special.asp

http://www.airborne.net/eready/janet...TB-special.asp

The first link is to a TITANIUM frame upright, while the second is for
the Thunderbolt with an aluminum frame. Oddly enough, the aluminum
bike weighs slightly less than the titanium one?? Components, I
suppose -- so what do y'all think of 'em?

For example...caliper brakes?? 9-speed cassette??

Which one would you get, if these were the choices?

How do they compare to your current bike -- etc.?

Airborne is fine, if you don't mind buying a Chinese bicycle. I don't
support communist dictatorships. I own three Taiwanese bikes, and an
American bike. The American bike is head and shoulders above the
Taiwanese quality wise, but it was far more expensive, too. I wouldn't
buy the Airborne, but that's purely on an ethical level. I'm sure the
quality is fine.

I don't mind buying Chinese bikes, I have three of them from this
manufacturer. Whether a dictatorship is communist or capitalist is all the
same to me.
My titanium mountain bike has taken a pounding and is still going strong.

The problem with buying Chinese goods is the very real possibility that
doing so supports our enemy.War with China over Taiwan is not out of the
question. The Chinese have a horrible human rights record, you know. People
there are routinely put in re-education camps, undergo forced sterilization,
are placed in forced labor camps, and face other such horrible acts. Every
dollar you spend on Chinese goods goes to strengthen them both economically
and militarily. I would no more buy Chinese goods than I would buy conflict
diamonds.