Old August 18th 08, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 11:03:20 +0100 someone who may be "Dave"
wrote this:-

I nearly said something to a woman last week as I was on the towpath - I
heard her saying to a chap that cyclists ought to slow down as the sign says
to give way to other users as they go along at 50mph.

She was refering to 2 kids in front of me who were going a bit faster than I
was (10mph). The chap was walking 3 little dogs none of them on leads and
one was 30 yards behind the others and kept stopping to crap. He of course
wasn't going to walk back and clean it up as the signs say he has to

Presumably the woman thinks that signs only apply to cyclists and
would be upset (real or pretend) if advised of the hypocrisy of her
position.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh