Old August 18th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin[_2_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Dave wrote:
"Peter Grange" wrote in message
SNIP
"Under Control" seems to mean something completely different
to many dog walkers than it does to me.

I personally believe that under control is on a shortish lead unlike the old
dears who are on the canal bank with dog at one side and them at the other.

I have sometimes seen dogs not on a lead that are very much under
control. When I used to ride the B2B almost daily, I started to
recognise the dogs I saw regularly, and learnt how predictable they were.

OTOH there were some dogs on a short lead, which definitely were not
under control of the owner.