Old March 22nd 18, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:14:24 +0100, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

I just bought a kit of ring spanners from
"Alpha Tools", I think it is a low-end brand,
either that, or this particular kit was of
so-so quality, is my intuition. Anyway they are
"DIN 838". On a double open-end spanner, which
is a Heyco 10 and 13mm, it says "DIN 895".
It would be interesting to see what they say if
anyone found them on the web and care to
share...

DIN 838
Box wrenches, double head - Test torques series A
Standard by Deutsches Institut Fur Normung E.V. (German National
Standard), 09/01/2007

DIN 895
Engineers wrenches for subordinate applications - Dimensions and test
torques
Standard by Deutsches Institut Fur Normung E.V. (German National
Standard), 09/01/2007

The details of each standard are available from the Institute upon
paying a fee.
--
Cheers,

John B.