Old March 22nd 18, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Bicycle bottle diameters, why different?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 20:08:29 -0400, Radey Shouman
wrote:

Emanuel Berg writes:

Radey Shouman wrote:

Wikipedia is a standards body? I didn't see
any reference to an outside document.

Why not? Are we supposed to put more stock in
people who first boast of their standards
making the world better, then won't even reveal
their standards free of charge when it is just
a matter of duplicating a bunch of 0s and 1s on
a web server?

Wikipedia is plainly not organized for that sort of purpose.
All facts in it are supposed to be verifiable using some external expert
source -- Wikipedia is explicitly *not* for the first publication.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability

Which is why I thought it odd that no reference or link was provided to
reference to the 73 mm "standard" diameter. Perhaps I missed it.

The sections you mention had a note that they required further
editing. Perhaps because they mention a definite size and did not
provide a reference.
--
Cheers,

John B.