Old August 21st 13, 08:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Phatty...

atriage a écrit profondement:

| ...has his back to the wall...bring in the firing squad and get it
| done humanely.

Ah, how easy it is to Kick a Dying Dog.

But this article sort of surprises me.

A few years ago I remarked here that I had written an article on the
subject of Phatty leading off with his acceptance of a post with
the IOC despite all parties having known of his disability to fill
any position at the IOC virtue of a lifetime ban.

It was well written in my best English, not abusive or defamatory
and although I requested a byline, I sought no remuneration. All
in all it was a good article with all points verifiable and no
chance of any lawsuits.

I submitted it to all the leading English Language newspapers and
two scandal sheets.

None was interested save one scandal sheet who very nicely sent me
$200 and appointed me what they refer to as a "stringer" as I
lived in Antibes in those days, commenting that the article was
great but "Not Up Their Alley".

--
Davey Crockett
Fly your Flag