Old January 17th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On 18/01/17 06:36, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 10:56:13 AM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:

Yeah, I could get new rims and/or different tires. That is why
finding a suitable tire isn't easy. You are welcome to come over
and try getting a Gatorskin onto my rims.

Dude, I was mounting first generation Turbos on E2s rims using my
bare thumbs, but when I could no longer stand the pain, I got a VAR
tool and packed that. http://tinyurl.com/j9ul39s There are other
options as well. http://tinyurl.com/j2otl8g

And if you are riding such gnarly ****, how is it that you are still
riding vintage rims? I would assume the brake surface is worn nearly
through or the rim is bashed up enough to justify a new rim
manufactured in the last decade with a deeper profile and a better
fit for most tires.

A little care taken with a pair of tyre levers and they can be used to
put a tight tyre on without pinching the tube. Even Joerg should be
able to do that, and he has tubes that resist pinch flats like nothing else.

--
JS