Old January 19th 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Stronger rubber cement?

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 5:20:32 PM UTC-8, David Scheidt wrote:
Phil Lee wrote:
:Joerg considered Wed, 18 Jan 2017
:
:I have explained to you that these are _flat_ rims. Hard to understand?

:Most of us never seem to have encountered such rims, so yes, it is
:hard to understand that any manufacturer would produce such an utterly
:useless design!
:Are you sure they aren't cheap Chinese knockoffs of a normally good
:quality product?

No, they're real. And they suck. I can believe 30 minutes to put a
tire on them.

Why he hasn't gotten something less crappy, I don't
know. Oh. He woulnd't be able to bitch about it.

I don't get it either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfS5JTvv7hE My tolerance for self-abuse is much lower.

With that said, I have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get my studs to bead. Getting them on the rim is no problem at all, I just have to beat on them to get them to seat properly. But then the whole act of snow riding around here is an act of self-abuse, so beating on the tires is just kind of a warm-up. But I will not endure that sort of abuse just mounting an every-day tires.

-- Jay Beattie.

-- Jay Beattie.