Old February 12th 05, 03:59 PM
Callistus Valerius

I have to disagree. OLN has figured out it's market rather well. Cycling
was important in building its base and getting its foot in the door with
cable providers. Remember all of those cyclists begging their cable
companies to carry OLN? It worked but as their market grew, their
demographics changed. Fishing, hunting, gun sports and associated

markets
(the RV crowd) are now their staple market. Cycling is a marginal market
for them unless Lance is the centerpiece which he will not be with the
Discovery deal. Welcome back to the good old days. I expect that WCP's

DVD
"division" will do increasingly well in the years ahead.

Oh, I forgot about "Discovery", you're right, cycling will be out on
OLN. Yep, if you want to watch some cycling, go down to your LBS and buy a
DVD. That's back to the future.