Old January 4th 19, 04:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Rain or snow - which do you prefer to ride in?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 17:43:20 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

So for those of you who ride in both rain and snow, which do you prefer?

If it's cold, I don't ride when there is *any* chance of getting
rained on. You can die of being wet at fifty-five degrees.

Snow bounces off.

I've ridden in the rain much more often than I've ridden during a
snowfall. I've never ridden in snow that obscured my vision, but on
one memorable day, it rained so hard that I couldn't even see well
enough to get off the road. At last, a bank loomed through the
downpour and I took shelter on their porch until it let up.

The following day I climbed a hill wearing walking shoes that had been
safe in a plastic bag, and coasted down after lunch wearing the cleats
that had been airing in my wire pannier. (Shoes don't dry worth a
nickel in a basement Youth Hostel.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net