Old May 18th 04, 01:53 PM
Badger_South

Default Bugs

On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:25:55 -0400, David Kerber
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 18 May 2004 08:00:41 -0400, David Kerber
wrote:

Make a virtue out of necessity, and be glad of the extra protein?

Although this is the standard funny line, if you've ever inhaled a bug and
spent the next 10 minutes hacking and coughing and turning colors you know
this is a serious issue among those that cycle near our insect friends.

I know. I've been lucky, and never ingested anything larger than a gnat
or very small fly. If you're quick to spit, you can often get them out
anyway.

The problem is after you've choked on a couple it causes you to alter the
way you breathe, in my experience. As I noted to Elisa it's pretty easy to
make a net or gauze mask that you can pull up. If you use neutral colored
piece of nylon netting, such as a stocking it's hardly noticeable to anyone
else.

-B