Old February 1st 11, 07:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default 12km walk

Yes, I am pretty sure why some ppl are wondering why a 12km walk is of
any significance in a newsgroup like aus.bicycle

OK, a bit of background.

Mate of mine, Raj is headed off to India for nine weeks this weekend.

Raj became an Australian citizen about 2 weeks ago and this is his first
ever trip as an Aussie

Me mate, Benny, and me decided we would have a beer or seven with Raj to
send him off - as neither of us could see him off on the weekend

As I was not falling all over the place and spilling my beers
(sacrilegious) , I decided I was NOT OK to ride home (guess how I came
to that decision?) BUT I was OK to walk home.

It is just so nice to be able to walk me and my bike home - not too many
road vehicles you can do that with Chalk up another one for bicycles

Normally, 12kms would take me about 40mins of riding but I am happy with
the 90min walk. I am home safe and I didn't have to rely on nobody to
get me home safely