Old April 22nd 19, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Motorists not welcome

On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 11:53:28 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/04/2019 08:52, Bod wrote:
On 22/04/2019 01:08, JNugent wrote:
On 22/04/2019 00:23, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 11:50:47 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/04/2019 21:50, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 8:37:10 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/04/2019 20:27, Rob Morley wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:

I ride a Dawes Karakum which is comfortable but heavy. Hub dynamo,
magura rim brakes and a rear rack. I use a right pannier with
puncture kit, tube, tool kit. Commuting adds wallet, phone, ID card
and clothing. Sometimes I have been tempted to add a copy of the
Highway Code to show to motorists who insist cyclists are
required by
law to use cycle paths but ASL's are optional for bus and taxi
drivers.

I've considered printing out a few of the sections that the more
egregiously ignorant motorists need to understand, so I can just
stick
them in a window or under a wiper, the better to inform them of
their
error.

That's an idea.

And perhaps it would be an idea to have some printed copies of
Rule 168:

"... If a driver is trying to overtake you, maintain a steady
course and
speed, *slowing* *down* if necessary to let the vehicle pass. *Never*
*obstruct* drivers who wish to pass..."

Just like all the motorists didn't do in this vid.

[snip video URL unwatched]

*Everybody* should obey that one. That certainly includes lorry drivers
and cyclists.

So you 'think' you know what is in the video without watching it?

In context, you either:

(a) made that clear enough in your description (in which case the
contents of the video don't need to be seen for practical purposes), or

(b) you were talking out of some inappropriate orifice.

Which one was it?

I'll go along with whichever one of the two you choose.

You SHOULD watch that video.

I don't think so.

I have seen plenty of videos of terrible cycling and terrible driving.

I don't need to see more.

Someone else should cite this link in another thread.
Nugent only refuses to watch it because I posted it and 'He' is to childish to apologise whenever I prove 'Him' wrong.