Old July 30th 09, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Big Jim

Default left turn signal at hwy35 and hwy92

That looks like a beautiful ride. You Californians are blessed to
live in such a beautiful state. If you only would get rid of illegals
and get a real conservative governor CA would be close to heaven!

On Jul 23, 9:12*pm, wrote:
I emailed caltrans about a week ago concerning the left turn signal, hwy 35
southbound and hwy 92 at the crystal springs lakes.
The problem developed where a bicycle wants to turn left from the hwy 35
onto hwy 92, and then Canada Road. The signal would ignore a bicycle, and
the only way accros the road would be to run the red light and risk getting
run over.

This is the reply that I got from cal trans.

Einar A Acuna
The State will be installing a camera system for bicycle detection at this
location. *The design of the system has been finalized and installation of
the camera will follow. *I will attempt to contact you when the system is
up and running

Hope your happy, I frequently ride bicycle sunday's *and am out on Canada
Road.

Gregory