Old March 21st 17, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default The University of Aalborg Study on Daytime Flashing Lights for Bicycles.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:08:00 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 3/19/2017 11:08 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

We need a double-blind study of accident rates where they use 65,536
different combinations of front and rear lumens, flashing and steady,
battery and dynamo powered, performed in 128 different countries, over
ten years, in a variety of lighting conditions.

Until that study has been completed we can't be absolutely certain
whether or not an increase in conspicuity is beneficial to cyclists, so
it makes no sense for cyclists to make themselves more visible.

Let's get the UN to commission this study.

I really like your style of rebuttal. First ignore what the other side
says since if included would demonstrate that you don't know what you
are talking about, and next make up some totally ridiculous proposal
and present it as what your opponent argued.

Beautiful work. I applaud you.

Unfortunately it does not conceal the fact that what you stated, "a
comparison of bike lights versus no bike lights", was not what the
Odense study tested, nor was it the results of the study.
--
Cheers,

John B.