Old January 15th 17, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

Default Curiosity Killed the Cat

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 13:49:10 -0800 (PST),
wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:31:51 PM UTC-8, Doug Landau wrote:
On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 1:22:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:

....This assault on poor Ted with everything from lighting
his frame on fire to pounding it into flakes with a hammer
was pretty entertaining as long as you weren't Ted unaware
that most of the help here isn't since the exit of Jobst and
Sheldon.

How does the title of this thread relate to the subject?

If you do not understand these and these lunatic suggestions to
Ted on how to "loosen" his bottom bracket I don't have to
wonder why YOU don't have any curiosity about it.

I can only conclude that Frank was getting a good laugh at
everyone else but me and Andrew. Luckily Ted seemed to take it
all in good humor.

Well, some of the discussion was fairly obviously theoretical
(e.g., what chemical treatments that might deal with various
oxides), but the line between practical and hypoethetical
approaches wasn't always entirely clear--especially with heating.
I filtered it all with what seemed to be possible within my range
of skills and available tools. Don't know if that's evidence of
good humor, good thinking, or stubborness. Maybe a bit of each.

I did enjoy the inputs, and most of the exchanges. Thanks to all!

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA