Old November 4th 03, 03:44 PM
Dave Larrington

Default Mistaken for a Police bike?

SPG wrote:

What's the legal status of flashing front (or come
to that rear) lights and the bluish colour?

Strictly speaking a flashing light of any type is streng verboten if
attached to the bike, but one is quite at liberty to attach it to ones
clothing. As to the bluish colour, I should imagine it's a quite different
blue to that used by Plod, being much whiter, and thus not really any bluer
than those poncy blue motorcar headlights that started on upmarket
/prunkwagen/.

I know of no cases wherein anyone has been pulled for having a flasher
attached to the bike; I can only assume that Plod is happy to see *any*
light rather than none at all.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/