Old November 4th 03, 04:49 PM
Allan McVie

Default Mistaken for a Police bike?

Dave Larrington wrote:

SPG wrote:

What's the legal status of flashing front (or come
to that rear) lights and the bluish colour?

Strictly speaking a flashing light of any type is streng verboten if
attached to the bike, but one is quite at liberty to attach it to ones
clothing. As to the bluish colour, I should imagine it's a quite different
blue to that used by Plod, being much whiter, and thus not really any bluer
than those poncy blue motorcar headlights that started on upmarket
/prunkwagen/.

I know of no cases wherein anyone has been pulled for having a flasher
attached to the bike; I can only assume that Plod is happy to see *any*
light rather than none at all.

Interestingly I passed two police cyclists on NCR7 along the Clyde
earlier this week one had a flashing rear light and nonflashing front
light and the other had their lights set the other way round .

allan