Old April 8th 05, 07:08 PM
Mike Latondresse

(Tom Keats) wrote in
:

In article
.com,
"donquijote1954" writes:

I find it noteworthy that you, a proponent of bike lanes installed
on every road, quote "Andy's Expedition 2002" in its entirety,
including this salient bit:

"I think it would less expensive and more practical just to
improve
roads to accommodate bicycles better. It doesn't take a lot, just
a decent paved shoulder: 3 feet of asphalt. With that, I can ride
anywhere with complete confidence. I don't need 5 or 6 feet nor
fancy lines or markings. It doesn't have to be a separate
project, just include it the next time the road is worked on."

In northern Ontairo they had some portions of freshly done highway
sporting beautiful 3 foot shoulders with rumble strips cut into them
to wake up errant cagers before they slumber their way into the bush.