Old August 13th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Bicycles Resurge!

On Aug 12, 5:06 pm, Garrison Hilliard wrote:
This week we take a look at the resurgence of bikes +IBM...

I saw an article on bikeportland about IBM and advanced data
applications related to bicycling - didn't read it, though - was
interested because I am an IBM nut - my previous hangout was
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware (much milder group).

- including
reports on safe riding rules; bike polo; long-distance riding,
commuting, bike tourism and more.

Biking for the Long Haul
By Maryanne Zeleznik

http://www.surlybikes.com/bikes/long...cker_complete/

(Comes in blue now - I got stuck with "Truckaccino" brown :-(

Bike polo: fast-paced game gaining popularity
By Mark Heyne

We "invented" bike polo (as far as we knew) at the elementary school
playground back in the early 70's. I remember the first night after
playing for hours. I went home and drew plans for a front end
deflection apparatus that looked remarkably like the Surly Nice Rack
that is on my bike now.

How about riding your bike to work?
By Ann Thompson

Why not? :-)

Rules of the road for cyclists
By Jay Hanselman

Don't get me started.

Exploring Cincinnati's bike culture
By Tana Weingartner

Might have to take a look at that one...

http://www.wvxu.org/