Old August 1st 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default New bike for Jay

On 2017-07-31 20:33, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/31/2017 4:09 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Well, I felt good enough to go out yesterday for a 55 mile ride with
about 20 miles of steady or rolling hills, during which time I drank
one 24oz bottle of Hammer Heed and a quarter of a 21oz bottle of water
-- plus a Cliff Bar.

My ride was about 40 miles, pretty hilly (for me), 85 degrees, sunny and
about 75% humidity. I used up two standard water bottles. I was
definitely ready for the big glass of orange juice and another bottle of
water at the end.

If "definitely ready" means you were craving liquids that is a sign that
you were quite dehydrated.

Huh. I thought it was a sign I was thirsty.

Ah well. I got the orange juice and water, so yet another tragedy was
miraculously averted.

--
- Frank Krygowski